Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Joseph Visco                                                  A Doll's Act 2                                                        3/23/16

          I'm 2 acts into the story and I still don't get why the story's called "A Doll's House" yet even with that said, it still finds ways to twist and surprise. Sometimes , it does it on purpose. At first , I thought the story would let me breathe, but then Mrs. Linde comes in to make promises she might know she will not keep. With that said , it's not as overly complex and surprisingly sexual innuendo from Dr. Rank to Nora. I constantly felt eager to see their interactions after this conversation. If that wasn't rough enough , then I would like to add that favor for money from Nora was off the table after his deep expression of his true feelings. I can't get the thought of overly excessive evasion of Nora I predict in Act 3.
        Similar to Act 1 , Act 2 features a twist cliffhanger at the end of the story that will keep readers wanting more. To evade spoilers , I'll say it'll make you think about yourself in terms of death. It's a large commitment , but I predict it won't follow through not just because it's a play, but because Nora is a better a person than this and with her , that's saying a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Linde should have told Nora earlier about her relationship with Krogstad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title “A Doll’s House” seem like a very odd name for a story about a girl that can lie. I know this is a longshot but I think that Henrik Ibsen gave the story this name because of Nora. Since she was a child her father treated her like a doll, similar to the way Torvald treats her. In act one Nora introduces her kids which she treated like dolls. I believe that the interactions between Nora and everyone else is the product of “A Doll’s House”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're reading Mrs. Santos so I posted a comment on the blog of Henry, Brandon, Anthony, and Kayla.

    ReplyDelete