Joseph Visco Doll's House Act 1 Review 3/18/16
Before reading a Doll's House , I assumed this just had to do with the name of the blog I had to create. It turned out be a fascinating book. Luckily , Act 1 proves my intrigue with it while also adding some neat and surprisingly deep..surprises along the journey . A Doll's House starts out with the typical introduction in literature. A Doll's House introduces the setting of a warm house at a time before Christmas. Subsequently, Nora and Helmer are thrown into the mix to follow the introduction formula , but ,thankfully, disappears very rapidly.. Without reading the story out loud, I could just tell they have great chemistry with how they act like siblings to each other , calling each other names , and putting their hands on each other in a minor way even though they're married.
I have not narrowed down the story or the premise , but I do know what's going on. In fact, I noticed very familiar tropes that existed at the time it was written and modern. Nora , for example , can easily be described as the modern woman today that existed back then. She's obsessed with spending money especially after Helmer's promotion on New Year's Day that will include "a big salary " that will earn him "lots and lots of money." These characters have a lot of secrets, but their premise is simple yet brilliantly written. From Doctor Rank , a man diagnosed with tuberculosis of the spine, to Mrs. Linde , a friend of Nora's in need to get her job. Overall , it's a satisfying beginning to a well crafted story.
If your reading this Mrs Santos , I posted on Josue , Will , Aston, and Kayla's blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see you're catching on to how the characters are portrayed.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see you're catching on to how the characters are portrayed.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to see that your are keeping up with the characters.
ReplyDelete